Organizations that provide training, continuing education, and/or information related to DBT:
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the largest advocacy and education organization for mental disorders.
- The Mindful Awareness Research Center has information on the research and practice of mindfulness.
- DBT Self Help has useful information and a large number of links gathered by people who have been through DBT treatment.
- The National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA-BPD) promotes education about BPD research and treatment.
- BPD World is a British site devoted to borderline personality disorder.
- S.A.F.E. provides healthy alternatives to self-harming behaviors.
- BPD Central has information for people who have a loved one with borderline personality disorder.
- Safe Harbor has information for families who have a loved one with borderline personality disorder.
- Certification and accreditation exists to benefit consumers.
- DBT providers and programs will be most effective when Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology (EBPP) is applied with fidelity to the approved policy of the American Psychological Association (APA).